My first attempt at being a Food Blogger. Gulp.
When my daughter Julia’s friend Rosey walked into the kitchen and said, “Wow! Did you make that? It’s so professional!” I just HAD to grab my camera 🙂 Oh m gee, I thought. I could be like, a FOOD BLOGGER!
Now, if you’ve been following me for any length of time, you may have noticed that I rarely, if ever, post about my own cooking, recipes, or even lunches. While I certainly do my fair share of meal prep, I can’t say that much of what I make is camera-ready or particularly inspired. Generally, I much prefer to share the gorgeous and amazing recipes and pics from my bento blogging friends and all the creative foodies I follow.
But, I dunno, last night’s meal struck a chord with everyone who walked through the kitchen while I was preparing it, and then again, when they later ATE it!.
And what I liked best about it? Oh-SO-Easy to throw together!
I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again. Yep, EASY is one of my favorite words. (I know. You’re surprised, right?)
SUMMERTIME NACHOS. So here’s all I did:
- Dumped a bunch of tortilla chips on a large platter (one that fit in my microwave). The more colorful the chips, the better.
- Mixed one can of (mostly drained) black beans and one can of vegetarian refried beans in a bowl. Spooned over the chips
- Sprinkled some grated Mexican cheese over the chips and beans
- Cut up some tomatoes and green onions. Tossed over the top.
- Microwaved on high for 3 minutes (I covered it with a paper towel so the beans would not explode all over my microwave)
- Served with guacamole, salsa, sour cream, and a quick garden salad.
Whoa. Family and friend sang the meal’s praises!
(Wait. So this food blogging thing might be possible after all? … Please be kind if you wanna answer that…)