This giveaway is now CLOSED. The winner is Karen Hiebert – #32. Thank you to all who entered!
So it’s no surprise that my favorite word is EASY. But when you find something that combines EASY with my other fave word- AFFORDABLE…. well… BINGO!!! Putting dinner on the table for $5, and doing it easily, is Erin Chase‘s specialty.
With 3 kids and another on the way, this busy mom REALLY knows how to feed a family well on a very tight budget.
“Back in late summer 2008, I began couponing. Really couponing. It started paying off immediately! I love to cook and I love the challenge of coming up with a meal that costs under $5. A few weeks before I started the blog, I’d shared with my husband that “this meal was only $3.85, or tonight’s dinner cost about $5.” One night as I was cleaning up the dishes from dinner I thought of the phrase “$5 Dinners”. The rest is history!”
Erin says that she buys EVERYTHING on sale, and most non-produce/meat items with a coupon. And anyone who doesn’t believe this or questions the prices she posts is welcome to come and audit her grocery receipts 😉
So who better than to write a series of cookbooks to help us prepare family dinners that are not only delicious, but also budget friendly and… wait for it… EASY. 🙂
Erin just sent me a copy of her newest book, The $5 Dinner Mom One-Dish Dinners Cookbook to review. I’ve been a long-time fan of her money saving recipes, and have shared many of her fab lunchbox inspiration posts with you via Facebook and Twitter.
I love this book!!!
This is her latest treasure trove – delicious suppertime solutions that will feed your family on budget, quickly and easily. And what could be simpler than a dinner you prepare all in one pot, baking dish or skillet?
There are over 150 fantastic recipes including
- Bowtie Pasta with Bacon, Corn and Parmesan
- Santa Fe Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Skillet Taco Pie
- Pork Chop and Apple Stuffing Bake
- Sausage and Black Bean Soup
- Skillet Lasagna Florentine
I’m keeping my copy (her Red Quinoa with Avocado, Black Beans and Corn was a hit at our table last night!) but I love this book so much, I purchased another one to offer up as a giveaway to one of my lucky readers!
Enter and win Erin’s Cookbook[skhighlight color=”yellow”] Here’s how you can win your copy [/skhighlight] of Erin’s The $5 Dinner Mom One-Dish Dinners Cookbook:
- Leave a separate comment below for each thing you do.
- Each comment counts as one entry.
- 4 entries TOTAL possible.
- Please do not enter more than once, for each of the below.
- (Mandatory) Leave a comment completing this sentence: Budget- friendly meals are important to me because ____________.
- TWEET the message: #Giveaway! WIN the $5 Dinner Mom One-Dish Dinners #Cookbook http://bit.ly/RnxYaJ @easylunchboxes @5dollardinners
- SHARE this post on your Facebook Wall by clicking HERE.
- LIKE the $5 Dollar Dinner mom on Facebook
Don’t forget, you must leave a separate comment below for each thing you do. (Only comments below count as entries. Facebook comments are lovely but they won’t count for an entry.)
Giveaway ends at midnight PST, Tuesday, November 6, 2012. The winner will be chosen by random.org, notified by email, and will have 48 hours to respond. This contest is open to US and Canada residents ONLY.